Background Check Portal
DCFS Background Check Portal
The background check portal allows licensed providers to:
- Conduct a fingerprint search.
- Approved administrator/executive can check the status of background checks for all agency and institution and day care center employees.
- Upload – Authorization for Background Check forms, (CFS 718-B AI) for child welfare agencies/group homes/institutions; and (CFS 718-B-DC) for day care center employees NOT requiring fingerprinting.
- Obtain background check forms.
- Get the latest news and FAQ updates surrounding background checks.
Registration is required to use the portal. All information is confidential and shared only with authorized designated administrators. To register:
- Go to https://AccountManagement.dcfs.illinois.gov/Register.aspx to register your email account.
- Complete the Background Check Portal Access Request Form and send it to: DCFS.BCP.ADMIN@illinois.gov. (Approval takes up to five business days)
For administrative user assistance or for questions related to the background check portal, please contact us by email at DCFS.BCP.ADMIN@illinois.gov.